Android Developer for e-sports app needed
Remote, Ongoing contract
We are a well funded startup software company that designs mobile games and video game related software. Our team is 80% of the way done with a beta version of our next up coming app which is centered around "eSports", but, we need an additional app programmer to help us get this finished as our current guy had a family emergency come up that has caused him to have to take time off. The pay is GREAT! You'll be working with a team of 8 people including a SCRUM Master from Pay Pal, our senior software engineer was senior engineer at a $150M medical company before this, etc., etc. Our team is VERY experienced and it is a GREAT work environment.
We work remotely through Amazon's AWS. We specifically need someone who can take the software we are writing and convert it into a user friendly mobile app. We have graphic designers on board already to make it look PHENOMENAL, but, we need YOUR HELP to put it all together as a downloadable app for Android first, Apple second.
Our company has really become a family this past year. Throughout this COVID situation, we have not had to let a single person go due to hardship circumstances! We got hit the same as everyone else, but, every single person has remained on board with us throughout this unusual time in our country. I think that is more of a testament to our company than anything else at this point! We are eager to have you become a part of this FANTASTIC dynamic as well!
Responsibilities will be:
· Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, develop new features
· Work with outside data sources and APIs
· Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
· Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
· Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
· BS/MS degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or equivalent years of experience in the field
· Proven software development experience and Android skills development
· Proven working experience in Android app development, having published at least one original Android app
· Highly experienced with Android Studio, Android Studio Plugins and GitHub source control repositories
· Highly experienced in development of secure, user-friendly and efficient mobile user interfaces.
· Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
· Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
· Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
· Full knowledge of the Android security permission required for usage of various phone hardware such as video, audio, contacts, etc.
· Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
· Attention to detail and communication skills (written & verbal) are a must
· Experience in the use of video playback and live streaming via WebRTC/Kurento
· Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) Mobile SDK
· Experience with AWS Cognito or another OAuth Provider
· Experience with Azure DevOps and Agile/Scrum Development